We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Chocolate shortbread
Buttery shortbread-style biscuits are sandwiched together with a bit of Nutella®. You could also make a chocolate buttercream if you wish, but that takes a bit more time!
2 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 24 shortbread biscuits
- Shortbread biscuits
- 250g caster sugar
- 220g butter, softened
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 300g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- For the filling
- 12 tablespoons Nutella®
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:5min cooling › Ready in:25min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Beat the caster sugar into the softened butter with a wooden spoon until creamy. Add the egg yolks and vanilla seeds and beat with the spoon until smooth.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder and stir into the sugar mixture.
- With your hands (or your kids' hands!) shape balls about 2.5cm in diameter, and place them about 5cm apart on the prepared baking trays.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges begin to turn golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of Nutella® on the flat side of one biscuit and sandwich with the flat side of another biscuit. Repeat with remaining biscuits and filling.