We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
A classic Australian favourite. Always gone within minutes!!!!
5 people made this
- 125g plain flour
- 130g sugar
- 100g rolled oats
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 125g butter
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Sift flour and sugar into large mixing bowl, then add oats and coconut.
- Combine butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan, stir over low heat until butter has melted. Dissolve bicarb in water and add immediately to butter mixture, it will foam up instantly. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Roll walnut sized balls of mixture and place onto a baking tray, press slightly to flatten. Bake 20 mins.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
Classic recipe. The mixture made 45 Oreo sized biscuits. I took them out at 14 minutes because they were small-ish and my oven is hotter. Not too soft, not too hard, just right. Will make again.-10 Apr 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)
Yes these are the Anzac bickies. I made hundreds of then when our troups were in Est. Timor and sent them over via my late husband( Navy). Thank you for putting this recipe on site.-11 Apr 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)
I liked the idea of melting the butter and the syrup together, easier to mix with the dry ingredients. I used my tablespoon measure and was able to get 26 great size biscuits. Thanks for the recipe.-03 Sep 2015(Review from this site AU | NZ)