We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
If you want a change from everyday boring sandwiches, this is a recipe for you! Tender shredded chicken delicately seasoned with lime and curry powder in a creamy salad sauce.
8 people made this
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1L chicken stock
- 225g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 4 tablespoons sliced red and green pepper
- 4 tablespoons sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander, plus 4 whole sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 4 naan breads
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Place chicken and stock in a pan, bring to the boil, then simmer for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, stir together the yoghurt, lime zest, lime juice and curry powder (if you are a lime fan, you might want to add more!). Add the green onions, celery, peppers, chopped coriander and salt.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan, and let it cool. Using a fork, shred the chicken. If you don't want it shredded, cube it to whatever size you prefer. It's up to you! Stir the chicken into the yoghurt mix.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4, and place the naan breads directly on the top rack. Heat until warm and flexible, but not crisp and brittle.
- Remove the naan from oven, place them on a plate, and fold in half so that you know where to place the chicken salad mixture. Spoon a quarter of the chicken salad mixture on to each naan, sprinkle with chopped cashews, and garnish with the coriander sprig. Fold the naan in half, open mouth widely, and enjoy the many flavours of this truly delicious dish.
We really hope others enjoy this as much as we do. And remember, play with the flavours. Start off with a little lime; if it isn't enough, add more! Perhaps use garam masala instead of run-of-the-mill curry powder. It is, of course, up to you. :)
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
This was delicious! I left out the green pepper, celery and cashews because I don't like the crunch, but the flavors were stunning. Thanks for a wonderful idea!-19 Jun 2013(Review from this site India)