We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
This herb butter will add a new dimension to steak or pork chops! Simply serve a dollop on top of the meat and it will melt into a delicious sauce. Half the recipe if you aren't serving a crowd.
14 people made this
- 115g butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped tarragon or 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- Salt to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Extra time:1hr chilling › Ready in:1hr15min
- In a small bowl, cream butter with a fork. Mix in lemon juice, tarragon, black pepper and shallot. Season to taste with salt. Chill for at least 1 hour.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (6)
by Gourmet Booge
Guests loved this butter served with a crusty garlic bread. I thought the shallots might make it too chuncky but chunky was good. Great recipe!-05 Sep 2003
by Angela Boyd
Great easy recipe! I used fresh tarragon and as I didn't have any unsalted butter on hand, just used salted butter and omitted adding any salt. I stole an idea from another recipe by arranging on a 12" piece of plastic wrap, leaving 3" at either end and rolling before refrigerating. This way made it easy to cut into nice size 'pats' for serving on top of the steak. I will use this recipe again and again!-13 Feb 2011