We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
The chicken is marinated in soy sauce, dark brown sugar and peanut butter, then barbecued or grilled.
93 people made this
- 250g (9 oz) crunchy peanut butter
- handful chopped fresh coriander
- 175g (6 oz) salsa
- 4 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 7 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 2 green peppers, seeded and cut into square pieces
MethodPrep:40min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:50min
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crunchy peanut butter, coriander, salsa, dark brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic and spring onions; mix well. Add chicken to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, soak bamboo skewers in water for one hour so they will not burn on the barbecue.
- Preheat the barbecue to a high heat. Or preheat your oven to grill.
- Thread chicken onto skewers like a snake, and in between each loop add a piece of green pepper.
- Barbecue skewers, turning once, for 4 to 6 minutes; or grill, until just browned and cooked through.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(100)
Reviews in English (84)
I made this for a party months ago, and everytime I get together with the people I made it for, they request this chicken! It is different than any chicken recipe I have, and it really gets a lot of compliments. I have baked it in the oven too and it turns out great.-28 Apr 2001
This is an amazing recipe! While you prepare it you wouldn't believe it would turn out as good as it does. Nice and spicey and well worth any effort it takes cooking it. Definitely broil or grill it.-18 Dec 2001
This was one of the best chicken recipes i've ever made. interesting combination of ingredients, but the end result is perfect. I baked mine in the oven and it came out great.-27 Dec 2002