We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Root vegetable soup
- Potato soup
A deliciously smooth and creamy potato soup, served with a smoked salmon rosette. Excellent for dinner parties and for those cold winter nights.
Be the first to make this!
- 15g butter
- 3 maris piper potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 475ml vegetable stock
- 6 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or to taste
- 4 (25g) slices thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:50min
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat and cook and stir the potatoes and onion until the onion starts to become translucent, about 3 minutes. Raise heat to medium, pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and puree through a food mill back into the saucepan. (Discard any vegetables left in the food mill.)
- Bring the pureed soup back to a simmer over medium-low heat and whisk in 6 tablespoons of mascarpone. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Preheat oven to 95 C / Gas 1/4 and warm 4 oven-safe soup plates for about 5 minutes.
- Roll a slice of smoked salmon loosely into a rose shape, pinching the roll at the bottom and fanning the roll out at the top. Place a rosette of salmon into the bottom of each warmed soup plate, gently pour the soup over the rosette and drizzle each bowl with about 1/2 tablespoon of mascarpone cheese. Sprinkle with chives and serve.