We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
This Cuban dish is so full of flavour, it will make your taste buds tingle with delight. Delicious served over rice, in tacos or tortillas.
123 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 450g minced beef
- 225g chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 365g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 175ml beef stock
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 80g raisins
- 4 tablespoons chopped pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 35g flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:40min ›Extra time:55min › Ready in:1hr50min
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the minced beef and chorizo sausage. Cook and stir until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Drain off some of the fat and stir in the onions and pepper. Cook until soft, then add the garlic. Season with cumin, chilli powder, oregano, paprika, cayenne and cinnamon. Cook and stir for about one minute to release the fragrance. Pour the tomatoes and beef stock into the pan, along with the sugar. Set the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir the raisins, olives, capers and vinegar into the pan and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add the almonds and lime juice and cook until they are heated, then serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(137)
Reviews in English (107)
I also use this as a filling for stuffed bell peppers. Delicious!-16 Nov 2016
Superb recipe. I've been looking for a decent chilli con carne recipe and came across this instead. We left out the capers and reduced the chorizo to 150g. In my opinion, this recipe gives you a good 4 servings.-23 Feb 2015
Really delicious meal - we gave it to guests for a dinner party and they loved trying something new with mince. I used a bit more mince than recommended - and used beef and pork mince which worked well.-09 Mar 2014