We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
This soup may sound weird, but if you try it, it will take your taste buds on a trip they'll never forget. It's sweet, lightly spicy and very creamy. Serve either hot or cold.
25 people made this
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 380g fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 4 tablespoons Chardonnay wine
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 125ml coconut milk
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat oven to 140 C / Gas 1. Roast garlic cloves on a baking tray for about 30 minutes or until golden but not burnt.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, sweat the onions and peaches until softened. Season with curry powder, turmeric, roasted garlic and sugar. Cook over medium to low heat until caramelised, about 30 minutes. Deglaze the pan with Chardonnay wine, then stir in the vegetable stock.
- Remove from heat and puree the soup in a liquidiser or food processor and pass through a fine sieve. Stir in the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper. Reheat if desired, before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(25)
Reviews in English (23)
I really really really like this recipe! Served it cold and found it refreshing yet with the curry, it had tons of flavour. I didn't notice the coconut because of the garlic and curry. Will make it any time I have peaches! Thanks, Jamie, for sharing this one!!-28 Jul 2016
by Doug Matthews
Despite not having any fresh peaches (canned only) we gave it a try and I thought it was great. I may cut back on the curry a little in the future. I also plan on doubling the coconut milk. Thanks.-22 May 2003