We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of beef
- Fillet steak
Tender fillet steaks are pan-seared and then roasted, before being topped with a delectable buttered crab topping. Serve with potatoes, pasta or rice.
7 people made this
- 450g fresh lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (225g) beef fillet steaks
- coarse sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat an oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Toss the crabmeat in the butter. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Pat steaks dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. Sear steaks on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to an oiled baking tin and roast in the middle of the preheated oven until they start to firm and are reddish-pink and juicy in the centre, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre should read 54 degrees C. Top each steak with the crabmeat and butter mixture.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (6)
Hubs made this for us tonite and it was simple and excellent. One pound of crabmeat certainly isn't necessary for two people, however, and almost seemed like a misprint, so use only as much as what appeals to you. He used very small filets, about 4 oz. each, wrapped them in bacon and seasoned them with Worcerstershire sauce and Montreal Steak Seasoning. He used the meat from Alaskan King Crab legs, tossing them with plenty of hot, clarified butter. If you like your steak cooked medium to medium-well as I do, you'll want to cook them a few minutes longer than the recipe directs. After Hubs was done with these?...five star good.-31 Oct 2010
Really great idea, and a great starting point that you can build on! I used imitation crab meath, and I've also tried it with imitation lobster meat. It's delicious either way! I also like to saute the crab meeat with the butter and a splash of champaign. Yummy!-04 Sep 2010
The crabmeat was a total miss for me. It was way too much crab for the amount of steak and too little butter to flavor the crab. I made a sauce for the asparagus I served with it from this site's recipe Lemon Butter Seasoned Vegetables, and the sauce drizzled over the crabmeat did add some flavor. Maybe I'll take some of this extra crabmeat and make a salad.-26 May 2010