We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Pasta types
This is a healthy version of a classic puttanesca. It's tossed with wholewheat spaghetti and kale for a lovely midweek supper that will get you to your five a day.
93 people made this
- 1/2 (500g) pack wholewheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 (50g) tin anchovies, drained and quartered
- 2/3 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 150g coarsely chopped kale
- 75g sliced black olives
- 40g grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:40min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and red chilli flakes. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and begun to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in capers, anchovies and tomatoes, and bring to the simmer. Stir in kale, and simmer over medium-low heat until wilted and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Once the pasta has cooked and been drained, stir into the puttanesca along with the black olives. Toss and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(109)
Reviews in English (81)
Prefer with Fusilli-30 Apr 2012
Fantastic flavour! I used less oil and cheese to lighten the recipe and - traditionalists, close your eyes! - I eliminated the anchovies. Instead, add 1 Tbsp tomato paste, 1 Tbsp extra capers, 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar to cover the texture, saltiness and tang of the anchovies. Also used extra kale as others have suggested. Really delicious dish!-04 Dec 2007