We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Main course
- Italian pizza
Use your favourite pizza dough recipe to encase this filling of proscuitto with ricotta, Parmesan and Pecorino cheeses, to make a rich and delicious calzone.
12 people made this
- 680g (1 1/2 lb) ricotta cheese
- 3 slices prosciutto, diced
- 3 tablespoons grated Pecorino cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Ready in:10min
- In a large bowl mix together the ricotta , prosciutto, Pecorino, Parmesan, eggs, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Use the mixture to fill calzones.
Calzones are a great alternative to the usual pizza, and a quick weeknight supper fix. Just roll out your favourite pizza dough into individual sized rounds and divide this filling between them. Fold each round in half and seal the edges by pinching them with your fingers. Bake in a preheated 230 C / Gas mark 8 oven on a baking tray for about 10 minutes, or until calzones are lightly browned.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(10)
Reviews in English (8)
Used different ingredients.I couldnt find ricotta so used cottage cheese instead. Replaced the prosciutto with diced ham and added onions. Was yummy.-31 Jan 2010
by Caroline C
This was ok, but nothing outstanding. A bit of a waste of prosciutto really. I doubt I'll make it again. Thanks anyway.-14 Jul 2008
I mixed this and tossed it with penne (no calzone dough). The kids couldn't wait for me to bake it in the oven, and loved the taste test, so I served it just so. It was delicious! Very traditional Italian flavour.-14 Jul 2008