We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Sweet pies and tarts
- Custard tart
This is a perfect recipe for any occasion, and is actually very simple to make. These custardy egg tarts are very nice to have for tea time or dessert.
22 people made this
- For the pastry
- 100g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 175g (6 oz) butter
- 350g (12 oz) plain flour, sifted
- For the custard
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 200ml (7 fl oz) golden syrup
- 200ml (7 fl oz) milk
- 200ml (7 fl oz) water
- 1 dessertspoon honey
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- For the pastry, place sugar, 1 egg and butter in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in sifted flour and mix until it holds together. Divide the dough into small portions and press into moulds of a muffin tin.
- Beat the 6 eggs and 4 egg yolks together. Combine egg mixture with the golden syrup, milk, water and honey. Mix well and pour into pastry-lined moulds. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until custard is set. Please leave oven door SLIGHTLY open to avoid burning.
For a tasty twist, sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg on the top of each tart before baking.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (4)
Altered ingredient amounts.i have just made this and found that i have over half the egg mixture left over. I will be halving the quanitys of this if i make them again.-15 Jun 2011
There was far to much custard mix, so have popped it in the oven go see if it will bake. It did bake,but will make half quantities next time. Nice recipe-24 May 2016
I have just tried this recipe and although they didn't look as good as the picture above they were absolutely delicious and so easy to make. The pastry was also so delicious will definitely make these again!!-26 Jun 2013(Review from this site AU | NZ)