We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Oily fish
Mackerel is simmered in a delicious tamarind sauce and then fried till crisp and golden. You can also, instead of frying, wrap the fish in banana leaves and barbecue.
3 people made this
- 1 (1.5kg) whole mackerel, gutted and cleaned
- 475ml water
- 1 tablespoon tamarind soup base
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 litre oil for frying
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Extra time:1hr resting › Ready in:1hr50min
- Combine the mackerel, water, tamarind soup base and fish sauce in a pot over medium heat. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Flip the fish, cover again and simmer another 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit, covered, for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 175 degrees C. Remove the fish from the pot and pat dry with kitchen paper to remove as much excess moisture as possible.
- Fry the fish in the hot oil until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Tamarind soup base
Available online or in Asian shops. A popular brand is Knorr.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
This is the best fried fish i have made! I highly recommend this recipe to a seafood lover like me. 5star indeed!-06 Sep 2012